Thank you for purchasing one of our taxidermy mounts!
To make sure that your specimen lasts a lifetime we would suggest the following:
- Avoid putting it in direct sunlight or somewhere with a draft
- Keep it in a controlled environment, where temperature and humidity fluctuations are not extreme
- Taxidermy specimens are not pets, they don't like to be touched or stroked as this will deteriorate their quality and make them lose their natural colours or sheen
- If your mount becomes dusty or flour falls out of the fur/feathers (we tumble dry them in maize meal), brush it off with a soft make up brush
- If you have a moth problem in your house, carefully put half a mothball underneath each wing of your taxidermy bird
- Last but not least: Keep a safe distance between your taxidermy bird and your kitty or puppy! :)
Enjoy your taxidermy!